Sunday, February 12, 2017

Citadel Outlets, LA 11/6/16

Hello there!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated you all on my little musical adventures. I know I'm over three months and at least a dozen gigs behind. I'll try to get caught up a little at a time. Let's try to pick up where we left off.

We're going to go back to the Christmas shopping season of 2016 when we opened the Citadel Outlet's holiday sales event. On that Sunday afternoon the KRB helped kickoff the Christmas shopping season at the Citadel Outlet Mall in Los Angeles.

Being Sunday morning there wasn't much traffic so I got there an hour before our scheduled load-in time. I was a bit surprised when I saw this on all the huge marquises.


This mall is on a frontage road of the 5 freeway and there must be eight of these giant displays. It was quite a trip to see my ugly mug on the billboards. :p

The management at the mall treated us quite well. We got to park in one of the delivery courts close to the performance area. It was easy to unload and roll my cart over to the stage area.


Our stage was right under the tree. You couldn't miss the tree.


This is billed as the largest fresh-cut tree in the world at 115 feet tall. It has 18,000 LED lights and hundreds, if not thousands, of ornaments and bows. For the environmentalist in me, I was pleased to read that this tree was cut down near the end of its natural life as part of the pruning effort in the forest to keep it healthy. Twelve trees were planted in its place. But I digress.

Here's our sign.


The rest of the band starts to arrive. Those speakers you see in front of Art was the PA provided by the mall. They barely got the job done. Jack said if he had known he would've just brought all his stuff instead of just the mixer and monitors.


The stage is set and we are sound checked.


Those powered speakers were "Edison Professional". They had built-in Bluetooth, USB and SD slots, a radio receiver, etc, all the comforts of home. ;)

We retire to our green room, an empty retail suite, to wait for downbeat.


Here's the view of our office for the day. It was quite festive.


Kelly photobombs my amp-selfie.


Here's a live action shot. We were just a five piece today, no keyboards.


After our first one hour set we retire back to our green room. Art and I enjoy the cooler full of water and soft drinks provided by the management.



Then we make our way back through the throngs of fans and shoppers to do our second and last set.


Art is ready for his close-up.


 Just before we start the last set, Jack snaps a picture of the band in front of the Christmas tree.


Here's another action shot from the other side of the stage.


Two sets and we are done. I know, it's a cushy job. But somebody's got to do it. :)

As I'm leaving, along with everybody else trying to get on the freeway, I see a familiar site.


I almost honked my horn and yelled, "Hey! Do you see that?!?!? Don't you know who I think I am? Let me on this dang freeway!" But I decided that would not be a good idea.

This picture showed up on the Friendface so I thought I'd add it here. 


The next post will be my first gig with a new (for me) project, the "True Willie Band". It's going to be a hoot!

Thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment